Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Up up and away

Even though I find myself lacking inspiration at the moment - no doubt due to the circumstances - I am happy that I can still turn out photographs that apparently resonate with other Flickrites. This shot, taken about a week ago, became to my surprise the seventh of mine to reach Explore, the 500 best Flickr photographs of the day (best in this case being determined by the obscure Explore algorithm). I shot this 5 minutes walking from our home, and decided to put the icy reflection upside down for an interesting effect - inspired by recent work of two of my favourite Flickrites: Shaun Keenan and macaz1977.

Camera: Canon PowerShot Pro1 8 Megapixels, handheld
Exposure: 0.005 sec (1/200)
Aperture: f/4
Focal Length: 38 mm
Post-processing: Picasa 3.0

Flickr