Wednesday, March 11, 2009

And that makes ten

My recent lack of inspiration to go out and take photographs has one positive side-effect: I am looking at older unused shots of mine with fresh eyes. This one dates back to 2007, a simple shot of trees reflected in a puddle that I had originally dismissed as boring. However, turned upside down, with a bit more Picasa postprocessing than usual, and topped off with a lomo-like treatment with the on-line editing tool Picnik, I got something rather special, akin to an impressionist painting. Apparently I am not the only one liking it - this is the tenth shot of mine to make the mysterious Flickr Explore list of 500 most interesting shots of the day.

Camera: Konica Minolta KD-400Z 4 Megapixels, handheld
Exposure: 0.005 sec (1/189)
Aperture: f/2.8
Focal Length: 8 mm
Iso speed: 100
Post-processing: Picasa 3.0, Picnik Lomo effect

Flickr