Saturday, July 25, 2009

Death becomes her

This is a bit of an experiment for me. About 10 days ago, we visited the small Dutch town of Harderwijk, one of the Dutch members of the Hanse trade league many centuries ago (like Hamburg and Bremen in Germany). That day was the start of the yearly commemorative festival with dozens of locals dressed up and acting like it was the late middle ages. This particular scene was the rather gruesome deathbed of a young woman. I decided to mix my shot digitally with a texture by fellow Flickrite Ervin Bartis, aiming for a painting like effect. I realize the result will not be to everyone's liking, but personally I am satisfied with the way it came out.

Camera: Canon PowerShot Pro1 8 Megapixels, handheld
Exposure: 0.002 sec (1/640)
Aperture: f/4.0
Focal Length: 29 mm
Post-processing: Picasa 3.0 (including digital merging with texture)

Flickr