Tuesday, July 07, 2009

You needed me

Today marks the 10th anniversary of my wife and me living together - time sure flies. To celebrate in the blog, "our" song. Canadian country singer Anne Murray enjoyed some main-stream success in the seventies with elegant little songs in the style of the Carpenters like Snowbird, culminating in a 1978 million seller for You needed me (yes, of later Boyszone fame....). I have always liked this delicate ballad from the album Let's keep it that way, but since I met my wife Lu, it has taken on a special meaning. It was the first song we sang for each other, first in the Singapore Botanic Gardens, later at karaoke in a Singapore club, and we also played it at our wedding ceremony.
Art Rock score: 10/10 (brilliant masterpiece, one of 200 best songs of all time)

YouTube