Friday, August 14, 2009

Angel

Portrait photography is a sub-genre that I have very little experience with, but which seems difficult to accomplish. Self-portraiture is even more difficult, especially if you are as unjustifiably critical of the way you look as my dear and beautiful Flickr friend Ambreen (story.teller, who made previous appearances in my blog under the name batedbreath). In her own words: I was trying to do the 1930's make up because I have a shoot with someone next week. I wanted to show her what look I wanted, but this turned out more like the 1950's I think (the eyebrow is much thinner and rounder in shape in the 30's). Oh well. Well, whatever decade you want to put to the result, this is a gorgeous self-portrait of a very attractive lady.

All rights retained by the photographer.

Flickr