Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Scene at the Seine

Let's close out September by returning once more to the scene of our recent holiday. Strolling along the Seine, near the Louvre, we saw a man with his (grand) child in a scene that begged for a photograph. And of course, I always have a camera with me. Once more it failed to make Flickr Explore, but this detailed comment by my friend Rod Anzaldua (a very good photographer who has featured before in this blog under Flickr favourites) is worth more to me than that distinction: "Wow man, I think this is the most beautiful picture i have seen in a long time. First of all the perfect technique to turn it into a black and white shot, perfect whites, perfect blacks and lots of gray shades in between. Second, the composition, great positioning of the main subjects. Third, the natural framing, the tree at the top is the icing on the cake, and fourth and best part of all the LOVE you can see in it, from the grandfather to his grand daughter, amazing job Hennie, a moment to remember, I really hope you got their phone number and give them a copy of this masterpiece. I'm thrilled, I really am!".

Camera: Canon PowerShot Pro1 8 Megapixels, handheld
Exposure: 0.002 sec (1/500)
Aperture: f/4.0
Focal Length: 30.5 mm
Post-processing: Picasa 3.0

Flickr