Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Rothkoesque

This is a funny one. It has been on my hard disk since April - I shot it during my Shanghai trip. It is the wall of a construction site, where the colour patterns happened to come together to form an interesting aspect a bit in the style of Mark Rothko. I had classified it as a second tier shot - only to be used when I ran out of good shots and then especially for uploading in the weekend when attention at Flickr tends to be decreased a bit. Imagine my surprise on the positive reactions it got Sunday and Monday, even resulting in this photograph to become my 40th to be selected in Flickr Explore, the 500 most interesting shots uploaded world wide that day. Glad I posted it after all.....

Camera: Canon PowerShot Pro1 8 Megapixels, handheld
Exposure: 0.006 sec (1/160)
Aperture: f/4.0
Focal Length: 7.2 mm
Post-processing: Picasa 3.0

Flickr