Saturday, June 26, 2010

Hustle

Part of a whole series of shots of Paris street life, taken from the third floor of the Lafayette or Printemps department store in Paris (Boulevard Hausmann area), whilst my wife was shopping there. The rain had just stopped, making for a wonderful atmosphere. Since many of these images are rather similar, I am using some of them to experiment with post-processing techniques. This one I gave an aftertreatment (focal zoom) with the on-line editing programme Picnik. I quite like the outcome. To quote a comment I received (from aftab no less): "This picture would have been superb without the effect, but the processing makes it more dynamic and interesting!"

Camera: Canon EOS 400D Digital 10 Megapixels, handheld
Exposure: 0.003 sec (1/320)
Aperture: f/8.0
Focal Length: 200 mm
ISO speed 400
Post-processing: Picasa 3.0, Picnik

Flickr