Saturday, April 16, 2011

Electricity lines (or Diagonal Electrical)

Here is one of the shots from my Shanghai trip that I like, but was not sure whether to post here or not. Then I found out it had been featured in the Habitables site, with a review so encouraging that I had to share it: "I am completely in love with todays photo. The diagonal lines criss crossing the image make deciphering the content of it somewhat difficult, but in the search for location and building lies its beauty. The lines between inside and outside, one building and another have been blurred to the point that the viewer is constantly questioning exactly what they are viewing. Highly captivating photo, love it." It was shot in the evening at Huahei road, the remaining light of office buildings forming a fascinating pattern. Technically, the main trick was to keep my hand as still as possible....

Camera: Canon EOS 400D Digital 10 Megapixels, handheld
Exposure: 0.02 sec (1/50)
Aperture: f/5.0
Focal Length: 51 mm
ISO Speed: 1600
Post-processing: Picasa 3.0

Flickr