Saturday, August 01, 2015

The best Dutch #1 hits: 21. The wallstreet shuffle (10CC)

As posted here, the Dutch top40 chart celebrated its 50th birthday in January this year. When I posted about that event, I included my top50 songs that made the top40 chart in the past. I was intrigued how few of my favourite songs actually made the #1 position, so the rest of the year I will be posting at a rate of one a week (on Saturday, the day the top40 was broadcast) my countdown of fifty favourite #1 hits. At #21, we find 10CC with The Wallstreet shuffle (#1 in 1974). This single was their first serious rock song after successful bubble gum hits like Donna and Rubber bullets. Excellent lyrics that foreshadows later songs like An Englishman in New York by 10CC members Godley and Creme. Art Rock score: 9/10 (awesome song, one of the 1000 best of all time).

YouTube