Friday, November 04, 2016

Repost: Idols

A re-post from the artchives (original posting date 29 November 2008) - with the blog in its current form over seven years old, I intend to dig up some of the older posts once in a while. I selected this one especially for my wife, as she was looking at the original Clarence Sinclair Bull photograph yesterday.

I took this picture on New Year's day 2008 in a shop for modern interior design in Naarden (the Netherlands). The almost oversized version of Bull's Garbo poster on the wall, juxtaposed with my wife's look at her makes for a strong shot that has received a lot of reactions on Flickr, including second prize in a Worldwide Photo Club competition. The original shot was cropped considerably and converted to black and white for greater effect.

Camera: Canon Powershot Pro1 8 Megapixels, handheld
Exposure: 0.05 sec (1/20)
Aperture: f/2.4
Focal Length: 7.8 mm
Post-processing: Picasa 2.0

Flickr